When it comes to aerial balls, Sergio Ramos is the most feared player, a nightmare for the opponents and especially for the goalkeepers.
Here are the 8 goals proved Sergio Ramos is the most feared player in aerial balls.
8. Scores the winner vs Valencia (April 2007)
Sergio Ramos made sure Real Madrid stays on top, a single point less they would’ve settled for second position.
Scoring the winner just 15 minutes from time against Valencia to give his side a 2-1 success.
7. Scores the winning goal vs Deportivo La Coruna (December 2016)
- Last season, Real Madrid were struggling at home against bottom league side Deportivo La Coruna, 2-1 with just only five minutes to play and were on the verge of losing in the title race and their unbeaten run of 34 matches.
- Substitute Mariano Diaz scored the equalizer but it was captain Ramos who saved the day scoring in the 92nd min.
6. Scores equalizer in the dying minutes vs Barcelona (December 2016)
- Suarez gave the lead to Barcelona and also gave hope to the fans of ending Real’s unbeaten streak.
- In what has become a Ramos trademark, the centre back found the net in injury time to earn adulation once again from his own supporters.
5. Goal vs Sevilla UEFA Super Cup 2016
- Real got their campaign underway with the UEFA Super Cup and were 2-1 down until it was Ramos trademark again.
- Ramos scored in the final minutes of the game thus forcing into the extra time where Sevilla had a man sent off and Dani Carvajal powered in a late winner.
4. Performance against Bayern Munich (April 2014)
- 2014 Champions league semi final against Bayern Munich was one of Ramos’s best performance in champions league.
- Scoring a brace in just four minutes against a club like Bayern is pretty impressive for a centre back that too at the Allianz Arena to put the tie well beyond the German club’s reach.
3. Champion’s league final goal vs Atletico Madrid (May 2016)
- Scoring the opening goal of the match from a close range just 15 minutes into the game, a tap in after Bale’s flick-on.
- Atletico had equalised, the game then went to penalties. It was Real who emerged triumphant with Ramos confidently scoring his penalty, Real’s fourth, before Juanfran missed the decisive spot-kick immediately after.
2. Goal vs Barcelona (March 2007)
- This classico saw back-and-forth goals from each side where Ruud van Nistelrooy and Lionel Messi traded braces in the opening 30 mins before Ramos gave Real lead for a third time. Barca went on to equalise once again before the end of the game.
- This was probably Ramos’s biggest moment for Real Madrid against their rival. Ramos’ goal and the subsequent draw meant Real had the edge and secured the ’06/07 title as a result.
1. 92.48 (May 2014)
- It was nothing less than a miracle, of course, the most important goal had to be the one that contributed directly to the silverware in that very same game. It was undoubtedly Ramos’s most important goal for Real Madrid.
- A demoralised and exhausted Atletico capitulated, Real scored another three goals after the game was forced into extra time and the trophy was theirs.
Visit the official website of Sergio Ramos.